This hospital used to be the principal military hospital in pre-independence years.
Nowadays it is classified as a category A hospital (registration number: 3173025) with 528 beds.
The hospital has a vast staff of over 3,000 persons. Next to 276 medical personnel (of whom 132 medical specialists), there are 1128 nurses, 60 midwives, 14 pharmacy personnel, 233 other healthcare personnel and 1476 non-healthcare staff.The hospital is situated on Jalan Abdul Rahman Saleh nr. 24 at Jakarta Pusat.
Coordinates are: Latitude:-6,176 Longitude:106,837.
The hospital is owned by the national military forces of Indonesia (TNI AD)
The website of the hospital is: http://www.rspadgs.net.
From this website we copied most of the history of the RS PAD Gatot Subroto (Google translated and abbreviated):
(A large part of this text may also be found in Wikimedia):
Development History Presidential Hospital, Gatot Soebroto Army Hospital.
The construction of the Military Hospital installation in the archipelago in the early 19th century was one part of the Dutch military strategy in order to support the politics of colonialism, to maintain the colonial lands of the Indie Nederlands, which was due to various influencing factors. This is also one of the reasons why a Field Hospital is needed and the installation of a Military Hospital is maintained even though health service facilities, both General Hospitals and Community Health Centers have spread to remote rural areas. To find out more about the reason why the Dutch Colonial Government founded, let us take a moment to look at the historical pages, which are extracted from the writings that have been published in the books “chess windu Gatot Soebroto Army Hospital” and “45 years of Gatot Soebroto Army Hospital”. Tempoe Doeloe Calm and Silent. Jalan dr.Abdulrachman Saleh (at that time: Hospitaalweg) not crowded with people and parking vehicles Dutch Colonial Period At the end of the 18th century, precisely in 1789, mainland Europe was shaken by the outbreak of the French Revolution under Napoleon Bonaparte. The war continued between France and Britain, Russia, Austria, the Netherlands and others. The reverberation of this revolution is very strong and very feared, the further result of this revolution has made a historical record where Indonesia was once a British colony between 1811-1816. At the end of the 18th century, the Verenigde Oost-Indische Companie (VOC) or more familiarly known as Kumpeni went bankrupt, not only because of its large debts, mismanagement and corruption but also unable to compete with the East India Company (EIC) owned by other people. -British people who were supported by the British royal navy which was very strong and controlled almost the entire sea, so that at that time no VOC ships reached Indonesia. The VOC was dissolved and taken over by the Dutch government on December 31, 1799. With the takeover and dissolution of the VOC by the Dutch government, King Louis Napoleon, in 1807 appointed Mr. Herman Willem Daendels as Governor General in Indonesia with the main mission of compiling the government and reorganizing its armed forces to increase military resilience in the face of the Indonesian people’s struggle for independence and freedom from Dutch colonial rule and invasions from outside, especially the British. In early January 1808, Daendels, who at that time was still a Marshal in the French armed forces, arrived in Indonesia, precisely on the island of Java. Daendels led the Dutch colonial administration in Indonesia with the dynamics, manner and style of a military man so that he earned the nickname “de Ijzeren Maarschalk” or marshal of iron. To increase the resilience of his government, Governor General Daendels not only built a road from Anyer to Panarukan which was completed in one year, but also strengthened his military and one of his efforts was to establish a Military Health Service (Militaire Geneeskundige Dients, MGD) and establish 3 Military Hospitals. (Groot-Militaire Hospitalen) in Jakarta (not at the current RSPAD location), Semarang and Surabaya. In addition, the Garnizun Hospital was built in or near the military barracks. Daendels in building the Health Service and Military Hospital was assisted by J.Heppener, one of Prof.Brugmans’s students. Brugmans was an accomplished organizer and reformer of the military health service in Europe, which included a preventive health function in the military health service (MGD). Hospitals were built according to Brugmans instructions, for example: spacious buildings, ventilation systems that facilitate air circulation. “Gangraena nosocomialis” must be prevented by placing beds far enough apart, patient clothes and bedding must be changed frequently, wards must be clean, food must be nutritious and patients separated according to the type of disease. Construction of Groot Militair Hospital Weltevreden. It has been stated above that Daendels built three large military hospitals in Java (Jakarta, Semarang and Surabaya). In Jakarta, where? When was it built? From the book by Dr. D.Schoute mentioned that “buiten-hospitaal” ex VOC was the first to be used as a large military hospital. Besides that, it is also called Militair Hospitaal Meester Cornelis (Jatinegara) and Weltevreden (not at the current RSPAD location) these two hospitals were built in a barracks and led by a non-commissioned officer as “managemeester”. So not RS in the true sense. In May 1811, Daendels was recalled to the Netherlands, and in September 1811 the island of Java was invaded and controlled by the British and Thomas Stamford Rafles, a scientist, was appointed Lieutenant Governor of Java. British colonization lasted until 1816. In 1819 the number of hospital beds was increased from 222 TT to 400 TT, this number in 1825 was not sufficient because the number of military members being treated was increasing as a result of the increasingly intense struggle of the Indonesian people who wanted independence (the Maluku war, the Palembang war, the war against Indonesia). Bone, Padri war, Diponegoro war and so on). There was a policy change from the Governor-General’s Cabinet, forcing Groot Militaire Hospitaal to be moved to the current location of the RSPAD which consists of six treatment wards, 837 feet long, where for each patient a 21/4 foot requirement is calculated. ward for mental illness patients. The officer’s ward is 112 feet long connected to a building for officers on duty and a 30 foot office, a Pharmacy and official residence for Pharmacists. Bathhouse and official residence for “badmeester”, Mortuary, Kitchen and cook’s house.Clothes warehouse, porter’s house with guardhouse,Horse stables with carriage places plus two buildings each for manual labor and a place for workers’ detention. The construction of this hospital has been going on for a while and according to D.Schoute’s records, it is estimated that it will be completed in October 1836. This is where the development of science, research and medical education begins. A major event occurred where in 1896 Dr.C. Eykman was able to confirm deficiency of food as a cause of Beriberi and discovered Vitamin B, for his discovery Eykman was awarded the Nobel Prize in 1929. It was at this Military Hospital that Javanese Doctor Education was also pioneered and later known as STOVIA (School tot Opleiding van Indlandsche Artsen or School of Education for Indigenous Doctors). The militarization of health services has been going on for almost a century. And it was only in 1911 that the Civil Health Service was established and in 1919 the Centrale Burgelijke Ziekeninrichting (CBZ) General Hospital of the Cipto Mangunkusumo National Center was established, or eighty-three years after the Jakarta Military Hospital (RSPAD now). The old building that is currently being maintained is the building that is currently used as the Pharmacy Installation of the Gatot Soebroto Army Hospital. Japanese Colonial Period – Revolution, Physical / Independence. On March 8, 1942, the Dutch East Indies Army under the command of Lieutenant General H. Ter Poorten surrendered to the Japanese army under the leadership of Lieutenant General Hitosyi Imamura. Since then the Dutch East Indies Government ended in our beloved homeland of Indonesia and was replaced by the Dai Nipon The Old Brother Government. However, this Military Hospital during the Japanese government continued to function as a Military Hospital under the command of the Japanese Army (Rikugun) as the Javanese Military Ruler and later known as Rikugun Byoin. Japan was forced to surrender to the Allied Forces on August 15, 1945 after Hiroshima and Nagasaki were bombed. And on August 17, 1945 Indonesian Independence was proclaimed throughout the country. But the world, especially the Netherlands, still has not recognized Indonesian sovereignty, finally the center of government of the Republic of Indonesia was moved to Yogyakarta and Rikugun Byoin (Military Hospital) was again controlled by the KNIL and changed to Militaire Geneeskundige Dienst (Army Health Service Hospital) and is known by another name ” Leger Hospitaal Batavia” which is located on Jalan Hospitaal Weg, now JI. dr. Abdul Rahman Saleh.In 1950 the Hospital led by Colonel Dr. Van Bommel has 60 doctors (10 of whom are specialists), 300 Dutch nurses and 300 Indonesian nurse assistants as well as other aid workers, namely kitchen workers, laundry workers, gardeners and other aid workers. One of the specialists who was able to work longer at this hospital was Dr. Borgers, a surgeon. Preparation for the Handover of Militaire Geneeskundige dienst (Leger Hospital Batavia) to the Indonesian National Army. Colonel dr. Suselo Wirjosaputro was the first TNI doctor to enter the Militaire Geneeskundige Dienst (January 1950), he was given the task of preparing for the handover of this Hospital from the Dutch Military to the TNI, regarding the recognition of the sovereignty of the Republic of Indonesia on December 29, 1949 according to the results of the Round Table Conference ( KMB) in The Hague, the Netherlands, which also decided to transfer various military installations in Indonesia, including Militaire Geneeskundige Dienst Oost Java (now Kesdam V Brawijaya) and Militaire Hospitaal in Malang (now Rumkit Soepraoen) in April 1950. Leger Hospitaal Batavia (Dutch Army Hospital) at that time had a capacity of 1000 beds, complete with children’s and maternity sections. Even the Radiology section has been equipped with X-ray equipment for therapy and for mass examinations of the Massess Unit as well as Radium equipment for uterine cancer therapy, besides that the physiotherapy section has also been equipped with electronic physiotherapy equipment. With the existing treatment facilities at that time, this hospital was considered the most complete and modern. In preparing for the handover of Leger Hospitaal to the TNI, Colonel dr. Suselo was assisted by Lt. Col. dr. Marsetio an ophthalmologist and the surgeon, Lt. Col. dr. Senduk, and doctor Iman Sudjudi, an expert in obstetrics and gynecology. As candidates for officers, the staff consists of Captain Lumingas and Captain Senduk (Senduk’s family doctor). In addition, Colonel dr. Suselo brought the Assistant Staff from RST Slawi namely I. Sriyatno (now Lieutenant Colonel Retired), Ms. Asmini Murti (later became the wife of Dr.Yusuf Djajakusuma and became a pediatrician), Ny. Ali Murtolo, Captain Dwidjosumarto and Sudarto. The team led by Colonel dr. Suselo originally had an office in the Women’s Dormitory Guest Room (located in the current Medical Rehab Unit), then moved to the 2nd floor of the midwifery section (now used for the Midwifery Academy). On March 1, 1952, Lt. Col. dr. Satrio handed over the position of Head of RSTP to Lt. Col. Ckm dr. Reksodiwirjo Wijotoardjo. Due to the political and economic conditions at that time during the leadership of Dr. reksodiwirjo from March 1, 1952 to June 26, 1956, the RSTP seemed to be running in place. Conditions at that time did not allow for the improvement and construction of the Central Army Hospital. In accordance with the organizational development conditions, the Army Health Service Office (DKTAD) was changed to the Army Health Service Office (DKAD), the name of the Central Army Hospital (RSTP) was changed to the Army Central Hospital, abbreviated as RSPAD, this name was still used until 1970. On June 25, 1956 Lt. Col. dr. Reksodiwirjo resigned from his military service and handed over his position to Lieutenant Colonel dr. Muhammad Tarekat Prawirowijoto (June 25, 1956 to February 7, 1959). He experienced difficult times caused by the political and economic conditions at that time. In 1957 the RSPAD received an additional 3 doctors who graduated from the Netherlands, two of whom were specialists, namely: dr. Noor (Lung Specialist), dr. Sularjo (ENT specialist) and dr. Sajoko. Along with the addition of experts, some of them were sent to the area of operation to deal with the PRRI rebellion and other rebellions. The clinic meeting initiated by Dr. Satrio continues to run and is even expanded by collaborating with the Naval Hospital. In addition, every Saturday a meeting is held which is attended by the maintenance department, the head of the operation room, the dispensary department and the headquarters detachment to produce coordination that can support the implementation of tasks. In 1957 on the initiative, Lt. Gen. Gatot Soebroto, who at that time served as Deputy Chief of Staff of the Indonesian Army, built orthopedic workshops, physiotherapy, sports fields (basketball), dormitories. He also moved the orthopedic workshop at RST Dustira along with 3 personnel. This workshop was built on an “island” and at this location is now a Mental Care Room. The purpose of constructing this orthopedic workshop is none other than an increase in the welfare of Soldiers, especially those who, due to carrying out their duties, are forced to lose or experience a decrease in the function of their limbs. Because of the great attention to the Gatot Soebroto Army Hospital, it is appropriate that his name be immortalized as the name of this hospital. On 7 February 1959 the position of Head of RSTP was handed over from Colonel dr. Muhammad Tarekat to Colonel dr. RM. Partomo (7 February 1959 – 7 December 1970). Until the end of the Old Order government, the Gatot Soebroto Army Hospital had not had much development, but after the New Order government various facilities were built at the expense of the Ministry of Defense and Security, including the Pati Treatment Pavilion (built in 1964/1965, completed and used in 1964). 1967) the place where the first President of the Republic of Indonesia, Ir. Soekarno was cared for (now used as the Dr. Darmawan Pavilion), the Maternity Room (1968) which has now been demolished and used as a parking facility, the Child Care room (completed and inaugurated in 1972 by Wakasad Lt. Gen. TNI Oemar Wirahadikoesoemah). Gatot Soebroto Army Hospital in the New Order Era (1966 – 1998) In the new order era, Gatot Soebroto Army Hospital began to carry out significant development, both physical development, especially infrastructure, organization and human resources. In the field of health services, RSPAD is entering the era of high technology. Because along with the physical construction of the building is also equipped with new high-tech medical equipment. In this era also the organization of the RSPAD developed, although its position remained under the Army Health Service, the RSPAD which was originally led by a Colonel-ranked Intermediate Officer, led by a one-star High Officer, was dr. Partomo, who was later promoted from Colonel to Brigadier General of the TNI in 1969.On December 7, 1970 Brigadier General dr. RM. Partomo handed over the position of Head of the RSPAD to Colonel dr. Frans Pattiasina (7 December 1970 – 25 August 1972). To give appreciation and contribution to Soldiers, President Suharto established a policy regarding the construction of the Gatot Soebroto RSPAD into a modern hospital in stages, beginning with the establishment of the Gatot Soebroto RSPAD Development Team with Presidential Decree No. 31 of 1971. . Roebiono Kertopati as Chairman of the Supervisory Board, Brigadier General dr. RM. Partomo as Chairman of the Executive Board of Directors and Head of Gatot Soebroto Army Hospital as a member. On November 17, 1971, the foundation stone was laid for the construction of the General Care Unit and on November 25, 1971, the first stone was laid for the construction of the Surgical Treatment Unit. To honor and commemorate the services of Lt. Gen. Gatot Soebroto, with a Kasad Decree Number: Skep/582/X/1970 dated October 22, 1970 his name was designated as the name of the RSPAD and since then the hospital has been named “Gatot Soebroto Hospital” abbreviated as RSGS. The implementation of the construction continued even though the position of Head of the Gatot Soebroto Army Hospital was handed over on August 25, 1972 from Brigadier General dr. Pattiasina to Colonel dr. R. Darmawan PS. After less than a year leading the RSPAD he handed over his position of Head of the RSPAD to Colonel dr. RA Jusuf Djajakusuma on July 2, 1973, because Dr. Darmawan was appointed Head of the Army Health Service. The General Maintenance Unit, known as Unit I / PU, consists of 6 floors with a building area of 13,950 m2 and a capacity of 298 beds which was built since November 1971 and was completed and inaugurated on October 28, 1974 by General TNI Suharto, the President of the Republic of Indonesia at that time. . On May 20, 1976 the use of the Surgical Treatment Unit was inaugurated. This building is on the I and II floors for the services of the Polyclinic and the Central Surgical Room, while the third floor is used as the VVIP and VIP treatment rooms and the Stroke Unit, while the fourth to sixth floors are used for post-surgical care for classes I, II and III. Still in 1976 to be precise on November 6, 1976 the Nurses Dormitory was inaugurated by the Head of the ABRI Health Center on behalf of the Minister of Defense/Commander of Defense, this building with 8 floors with an area of 6,820 m2 and able to accommodate 308 personnel is located in JI. dr. Abdul Rahman Saleh No.16. Thislocation is known as Dormitory 16 In 1977, supporting units were also completed, including the Kitchen Unit, Laundry, Boiler, Food Warehouse, and Public Canteen (15 February 1977) and Telephone Central (completed 27 August 1977). In 1977, the groundbreaking for the construction of the Supplies Warehouse and Vehicle Pool (16 March 1977), the Medical Rehab Unit (20 June 1977), the Anatomical Pathology Laboratory (October 1977) and the Midwifery Unit (December 1977). On December 13, 1977 Brigadier General dr. R.A. Jusuf Djajakusuma handed over the baton of the leadership of the RSPAD to Colonel dr. Kurnia Natadisastra. In addition to the physical construction of the Hospital, a Doctor’s Office (Flat) House was also built which is intended for doctors who have just transferred positions to the RSPAD or are currently in specialist education and do not yet have a home in Jakarta. The construction of a Doctor’s Flat with funding from the TNI Headquarters consists of 11 units for single doctors and 16 units for doctors who are married. The total building area is 2,328 m2. The laying of the first stone for the construction of Block B was carried out on December 10, 1976 and was completed and inaugurated on January 31, 1977, while the laying of the first stone for the construction of Flat Doctor Block A was carried out on December 31, 1977 and was completed and inaugurated on May 5, 1979. Brigadier General dr. Kurnia Natadisastra served as Head of the RSPAD for approximately 1 year and 6 months and on 31 May 1979 handed over the baton of leadership to Colonel dr. Samsi Jacobalis (May 31, 1979- September 1, 1983) He then held the position of Kajankesad. The development continues according to the established stages. In 1979 – 1982 many buildings were completed, including the Obstetrics and Gynecology Unit (29 December 1979), Anatomical Pathology Unit (3 May 1980), Clinical Pathology Unit (30 June 1981), Phase I Radiology and Polyclinic Unit (26 July 1992). ). Laying the first stone for the construction of the ICU Unit (now used for Medical Check Up, Intensive Care / ICU and Renal Unit), this building is equipped with a Helipad on the IV floor. On October 1, 1981, the Gatot Soebroto Army Hospital leadership office which was originally located in an old-floored building (the current location of the Satrio building) was moved to the Pavilion A building (Pav. Darmawan now) to prepare the land for the construction of the Phase II Polyclinic Building (Satrio Building), and moved to a new building on February 18, 1988. Spectacular progress in medicine at the RSPAD occurred in 1981 when the RSPAD carried out an open heart surgery project in collaboration with a team from America under the leadership of Prof. De Becky and this is the first cardiac surgery in Indonesia which until now has operated on more than 1050 patients at the Gatot Soebroto Army Hospital. From February 20, 1982 the RSPAD, which has produced reliable specialists, is no longer allowed to educate specialists (Hospital Base), this is related to the new provision that the one authorized to educate specialists is the Faculty of Medicine of State Universities (University Base). In 1982, to be precise, in commemoration of Chess Windu (32 years old), Gatot Soebroto Army Hospital on the initiative of Brigadier General dr. Samsi Jacobalis compiled for the first time an RSPAD history book which has a very deep historical meaning and involves historians, writers, researchers and educators drs. Abu Sidik Wibowo. The launch of this Windu Chess Book was right on July 26, 1982. In 1982, to improve services for patients, a Special Branch V Pharmacy was established (now PKM Pharmacy) with an initial capital of Rp. 12,000,000 from internal funds which was initially a temporary loan but was later accounted for as a routine expense. On September 1, 1982 Brigadier General dr. Samsi Jacobalis handed over the position of Ka RSPAD Gatot Soebroto to Colonel dr. Sumardi Katgopranoto. At the end of 1983, it could be recorded as a new history, especially in Health Services for the General Community at Gatot Soebroto Army Hospital where the provision of Provisional Instructions for the Implementation of General Public Health Services. Finally, a proposal for the construction of the General Public Service Unit (later named Pavilion Kartika) was drawn up and submitted to the TNI AD leadership, who in turn received financial assistance from the President. Development of health services, apart from continuing the cardiac surgery program, Gatot Soebroto Army Hospital in 1986 carried out the Kidney Transplant Project, and it was successful, until now kidney transplants have been carried out for 44 patients. Due to the economic crisis, cardiac surgery and kidney transplantation activities were severely hampered by the lack of financial support. In 1988, as the beginning of the Yankesmasum arrangement, the Private Polyclinic was opened in the afternoon on the 2nd floor of the Satrio building which became the embryo of the outpatient Yankesmasum and then in collaboration with Primkopad Gatot Soebroto Hospital, the Pav renovation was carried out. From the field of organization also occurred an important event, where the Dep. Defense and Security and the Armed Forces Commander, who was originally held by the Minister of Law and the TNI Commander, were separated. In fact, until now the RSPAD is still under the ranks of the Indonesian Army. The stages of construction of the Gatot Soebroto Army Hospital have reached the stage nearing completion where in the leadership era of dr. Sumardi inaugurated various buildings including: ICU Unit 5 May 1983), Engineering Unit and Timber Workshop (1984) and Phase II Polyclinic and Leadership Office equipped with Helipad (17 February 1988). On June 10, 1989 the leadership of the RSPAD was handed over from Brigadier General dr. Sumardi to Colonel Ckm dr. Toerseno Winarko A. Brigadier General dr. Toerseno Winarko A. 10 June 1989 – 27 September 1991 In 1989, improvements in service quality continued to be encouraged, the arrangement of yards and gardens became more presentable. For general public health services, it has begun to be arranged more seriously, especially in the implementation of specialist outpatient services and inpatient services at the Kartika Pavilion (now Pav. Darmawan) as the embryo of the Yankesmasum Unit. Preparation for the implementation of the Yankesmasum Unit (Pav. Kartika now) which was built at the Maditkesad location (old) by moving the Pharmacy High School (SMF) and the Dental Management School (SPRG) Ditkesad to JI. dr. Abdul Rahman Saleh 18 former Mapusintelstrad and Asysyifa Mosque. The construction of the mosque, which is located in the hospital parking lot, received assistance from the Amal Bhakti Muslim Pancasila Foundation. The groundbreaking for the construction was carried out by the Governor of KDKI, Mr. Wiyogo Admodarminto, on November 3, 1988 and its use was inaugurated on November 17, 1989 by the Commander of the Indonesian Armed Forces (now TNI) General Try Sutrisno. The construction of the Yankesmasum Unit was supported by the President’s grant and was carried out by the Development Team led by Brigadier General TNI (Ret.) dr. Sumardi Katgopranoto. The objectives of the development of the Yankesmasum Pavilion Kartika unit are: to increase the support capabilities of the RSPAD operations and improve the welfare of personnel as well as a practice area for doctors at the Gatot Soebroto Army Hospital. The groundbreaking for the construction of the Yankesmasum unit was carried out by Aslog Kasad in January 1990 and was completed and inaugurated by President Suharto on September 16, 1991. On September 27, 1991, Brigadier General of the Indonesian Armed Forces, dr. Toerseno Winarko A handed over the position of Ka ASPAD Gatot Soebroto to Colonel Ckm dr. H. Djailani (now Deputy Governor of DKI for Welfare) subsequently assumed a new position as Dirkesad. The operation of the Gatot Soebroto Army Hospital, began to enter a new phase, during the tenure of dr. Djailani management began to be more refined. Special Yankesmasum Pav. Kartika received assistance from experts in the field of management from the Technology Development and Application Agency. Another thing that should be noted is the improvement of the patient referral system, thus the RSPAD is expected to no longer be a giant Puskesmas because many patients who should be able to be handled at the Kesdam Rumkit are sent to the RSPAD because of the patient’s desire to receive more complete specialist services. With the help of various parties, the RSPAD which initially seemed like a giant Puskesmas has changed little by little. Patients can begin to understand that the RSPAD is a referral hospital, and not all patients have to go to the RSPAD, but patients who can be treated at the Kodam (Tk.ll) hospital are simply treated at the Kodam Rumkit and do not need to be sent to the RSPAD. Physical construction was restarted with the construction of the Keswa Unit, Lung Unit and Boys’ Dormitory. The Mental Health Care Unit which originally occupied the location behind the IKA unit was newly built on the “island” complete with a VIP treatment building in the form of a house (cottage). The former location of the Keswa Unit was built as a Men’s Dormitory. The Cardiopulmonary Treatment Unit was built in the old location, in addition, 2 units of wastewater treatment plants were also built. The leadership period of dr. Djailani was relatively short and on April 12, 1993 the position of Head of the RSPAD was handed over to Colonel dr. Bondan Hariono, SpM. Under his leadership an emphasis on the welfare of personnel, each employee is given a sign of sympathy from the Management, including money for savings capital at Bank Bukopin, although it is not large but it is enough to give a deep impression, besides that, with this coupon every personnel can get a haircut. at the Primkopad Barber Unit and Salon at the RSPAD. In 1994, the RSPAD was honored with a working visit from the Kasad (General TNI Wismoyo Arismunandar) and additional facilities for official vehicles to shuttle personnel. RSPAD also succeeded in building togetherness among Balakpus / Kotama TNI AD and on the basis of pride in RSPAD almost all Balakpus built inscriptions in the garden yard of the RSPAD. In 1994 the RSPAD Hymn was created, the lyrics of which were written by PNS drg. Lely Bondan. In addition, the working atmosphere at the RSPAD became more pleasant because there was a sense of togetherness between the leadership and residents of the Gatot Soebroto Army Hospital. In mid-1995, RSPAD received assistance from the President in the form of the construction of a patient waiting unit “Wisma Bermis” which was intended for families of patients who had to wait and needed a place to rest. For those who need and stay here, a building maintenance fee is charged. During this period, a Child Care Unit (TPA) was formed which was later named Wahana Bina Toddler. The formation of this unit is closely related to the recognition of the RSPAD as a baby care hospital and getting a National Award and recognition from WHO. With the Child Care Unit, the majority of RSPAD employees can work better by continuing to give breast milk to their babies because during work the babies are in the RSPAD environment. With the help of the Minister of Social Affairs (Inten Suweno) and Kodam Jaya, a 2-story Child Care Unit was built. On April 28, 1995 the position of Ka RSPAD Gatot Soebroto was handed over to Brigadier General dr. H. Richard Paul, SpAn., At the end of 1995 the Pulmonary Care Unit (Heart Lung) was inaugurated, the Children’s Health Care Unit and Dormitory as well as the patient waiting building “Wisma Bermis”. In the era of his leadership, dr. Richard Paul carried out an improvement in the quality of service, namely by improving the service implementation manuals, Medical SOPs and following Accreditation for 5 types of services which include: Administration and management, Medical Records, Emergency Services, Medical Services and Nursing Care Services. The Surveyor Team from the Hospital Accreditation Committee (KARS) of the RSPAD was declared graduated with Fully Accredited predicate for 3 years (until January 2000). On the 45th anniversary of the RSPAD in 1995, a memoir book of 45 years of the Gatot Soebroto Army Service Center was published. Brigadier General dr. Richard Paul was promoted to Kapusrehabcat Dep. Defense and Security and handed over the leadership of the RSPAD to Colonel CKM dr. Suyaka Suganda, Sp.OG on April 4, 1997. Brigadier General dr. Suyaka Suganda (April 1997 – May 1, 1998)The era of physical development in the sense of building new units/buildings during this period has loosened. Physical arrangement in the form of relocation of units which are the show windows of the RSPAD and improvement of treatment facilities, including the Medical Check Up Unit, Pharmacy Installation and Blood Bank of Gatot Soebroto RSPAD (in collaboration with PMI DKI Jaya). Improving Yankesmasum management by perfecting the Organizational Structure of the Kartika Pavilion, Darmawan Pavilion and other Yanmasum units. In addition, a Yankesmasum Development Team was formed which is an assistant to the Head of the RSPAD in coordinating the implementation of Yankesmasum at Gatot Soebroto RSPAD. During this period, management improvements were also more intensive, including the establishment of a Customer Service to improve the quality of health services at the Gatot Soebroto Army Hospital. The concept of RSPAD organizational validation is discussed more intensely by compiling RSPAD Orgas which are better able to answer the challenges of future tasks by including Functional Positions in addition to the usual Structural Positions. And to ensure the smooth development of functional positions, the concept of the Manual on Functional Positions has also been drafted which has now been submitted to the TNI leadership for approval. Brigadier General dr. Suyaka Suganda had to give up his unfinished conception to be continued by his successor Colonel Ckm dr. Edy Harharun Sp.PD, because he was promoted to the position of Dirkesad. The concept left by Brigadier General dr. Suyaka, during the leadership of dr. Edy Harharun, which is relatively short, is almost complete. The concept of Organizational validation which is the most urgent matter can be completed and ready to be submitted to the supra system for Theory Testing. Likewise, the implementation of advanced level Hospital accreditation for 12 types of services was successfully carried out by the Hospital Accreditation Committee which was held a few days before dr. Edy Harharun handed over the duties of Ka RSPAD Gatot Soebroto to Colonel Ckm dr. A. Suharto Sp. BD. MARS. And thanks to the hard work of all ranks of the RSPAD Hospital graduating and being declared fully accredited by the Ministry of Health, the submission of the Accreditation Certificate was carried out on May 10, 2000. Brigadier General dr. Edy Harharun handed over the leadership of the RSPAD to his successor Colonel Ckm dr. A. Suharto on November 1999. Brigadier General dr. A. Suharto, SpBD. MARS (16 November 1999 – 26 June 2000)He only served for 7 months. In this short leadership period, the concept of organizational validation of the Gatot Soebroto Army Hospital has been completed with the completion of The Theory Test III and has received the approval of the TNI AD leadership which, God willing, will soon be signed. In addition, there is a new development that is expected to bring Gatot Soebroto RSPAD into a Teaching Hospital, namely the appointment of the Head of the RSPAD as Dean of the “Veteran” National Development University Medical Faculty with a Kasad Decree. In the field of management, various improvements were also made, in particular the Organization of the Yankesmasum Development Team. On June 26, 2000 the position of Ka RSPAD Gatot Soebroto was handed over from Brigadier General dr. A. Suharto Sp.BD, MARS to Colonel Ckm dr. Krismanto Prawirosumarto, Sp.RM, when Brigadier General dr. A. Suharto took a new position as Dirkesad. Brigadier General dr. Krismanto PS, Sp. RM (26 June 2000 – 23 October 2000)was followed up by Brigadier General dr. Adib Abdullah Yahya, MSc (23 October 2000 – 18 July 2002)and his position was handed over on July 18, 2002 to Brigadier General dr. Buddy HW Utoyo. On October 28, 2005 the position of Ka RSPAD Gatot Soebroto was handed over from Brigadier General dr. Mardjo Subiandono, Sp.B to Brigadier General dr. Djoko Riadi, Sp.B then Brigadier General dr. Mardjo Subiandono occupies the new position of doctor of the Presidential Team of the Republic of Indonesia. Brigadier General dr. Djoko Riadi, Sp.B (18-07-2003 to 28 October 2005. He was followed up by Brigadier General dr. Supriyantoro, Sp. P (23 June 2008 – 8 March 2010). Brigadier General dr. Chairunan Basbullah MARS (8 March 2010 – 30 July 2010) Brigadier General dr. Dedy Achdiat Dasuki Sp. M (30 July 2010 – 1 October 2010). Brigadier General dr. Komaruddin Boenjamin Sp. U (01 October 2010 to 14 March 2013) Brigadier General dr. S.T.M Lengkong (March 14, 2013 to June 7, 2013) Brigadier General TNI dr. Douglas S Umboh, MARS (June 7 2013 to 28 August 2014) Brigadier General TNI dr. Poncho Agus Prasojo, Sp.B.KBD. (28 August 2014 to 24 April 2015) Brigadier General dr. Hardjanto, Sp.B (24 April 2015 to 1 June 2015) Brigadier General TNI dr. Terawan Agus P, Sp Rad (K) RI.(1 June 2015 to 22 October 2019) In 2016 the position of Ka RSPAD Gatot Soebroto was increased to a position occupied by a high-ranking officer with the rank of Major General (Mayjen), and in 2019 the position of Ka RSPAD was elevated to Lieutenant General (Letjen). After 22 October 2019 the position of the Head of the Gatot Soebroto RSPAD was vacant until On June 25, 2020 the Gatot Soebroto RSPAD was again led by Lieutenant General TNI dr. Bambang Dwi Hasto, Sp.B., FINaCS., M.Si (25 June 2020 to 1 October 2020).