The Mission hospital at Gunung Sitoli was probably founded as a Government Civil Hosital (see under Public Hospitals).
As a consequence of the decentralization policy of the NI Government, all GBZs had been closed by 1937, but in Goenoeng Sitoli a missionary hospital of the Rheinische Mission Gesellschaft filled in the gap. The GBZ must have been taken over by 1935.
There is a report of a voyage by the Governor-General A.W.L. Tjarda van Starkenborgh Stachouwer, who visited the Mission hospital at Gunung Sitoli on 16 March 1940 and who met the mission doctors Thomson (man and wife) and the Ephorus of the Rheinische Mission on Nias, Luck together with the health officer Noordhoek Hegt.
Goenoeng Sitoli was the main administrative seat of the department Nias of the Residency Tapanoeli, on the West Coast of Sumatra (Gonggryp 1934, 369).
See also General hospitals 1940-Google for the exact location of the hospital.