In 1906 a small company hospital was established by the NI Industry and Commercial Company at Sanga Sanga Dalam, a village near Samarinda, the place where the BPM had important oil-installations. An indigenous doctor was in charge of the management. (Source: Koloniaal Verslag 1907).
This hospital still existed in 1933 as the Memorie van Overgave of B.C.C.M. van Suchtelen (Resident of SE Borneo from 1931-1933) witnesses: “In 1933 there were 28 hospitals in SE Borneo: 9 private, 1 missionary, 4 owned by the Onderafdeelingskas, 5 by selfgoverning administrations, 9 government (7 of which were military institutions). Among the 9 hospitals, owned by companies, the one at Sanga Sanga Dalam is mentioned.