The auxiliary mission hospital Parakan was founded about 1920 by the Nederlandse Gereformeerde Zendings-vereniging (NGZV). This missionary organization was working in the missionfields of Central Java (Southern part) and established this hospital in the resort of Magelang.
The hospital is first mentioned in Annex R-XI of the Koloniaal Verslag 1922 as a category II (25-75 beds) hospital. Subsidy amounts are mentioned in KV 1924,
Annex R-XI : f 550 for personnel; f 625 for care expenditure and f 902,15 for maintenance of buildings.
Parakan was a subdistrict and district of the Regency of Temanggoeng in the Residency Kedoe in the province of Central Java (Gonggryp 1934, 566).
The hospital was situated north-west of Temanggoeng.
Between 1929 and 1930, the health center developed into Parakan Hospital (RSP Parakan-red) under the supervision of Dr. J Offringa (head of Petronella Hospital, Yogyakarta / now Bethesda-red).
Then, from 1930 to 1942, the supervision of the Parakan Hospital was handed over to Dr. GJ Dreckmeier.
It is recorded that there are ten indigenous people (six mantri and four midwives) who manage the Parakan Hospital.
The hospital nowadays is called Rumah Sakit Kristen Ngesti Waluyo and is situated on the Jalan Pahlawan no. 1 at Parakan. Coordinates: Latitude: -7,29 and Longitude: 110,11.
It is classified as a category C hospital (reg.code: 3323024) and has 140 beds