Mission hospital Pekalongan

The Mission hospital at Pekalongan was founded in 1933 by the Roman Catholic congregation Sisters of Our Lady at Tegelen.
See Jan Willemsen, Van tentoonstelling naar wereldorganisatie,94:
On November 21, 1934 the first SND Sisters from Holland came to Pekalongan at the request of the Bishop of Purwokerto. They have Sr. M ALfonsina,
Sr. M Reginal, Sr. M Irma, Sr. M Godefrida, and Sr. M Adelberta. These sisters work in a small polyclinic in Bendan to serve small people (now Puskesmas Bendan)
with the responsibility of Dr. Mulyadi. They live in rented houses. In 1940 the Sisters bought land from several residents in the Kraton and built a Convent and
Hospital with aid funds from the Netherlands and from the income of the Sisters themselves.
The hospital that was built was inaugurated on November 10, 1940 under the name “Rumah Sakit Beatrix” (now known as RSUD Kraton). The sisters worked tirelessly while sowing the seeds of faith and love. In 1942 the Japanese occupied Indonesia, all the sisters who worked in hospitals were arrested and jailed, while the hospitals and monasteries were occupied by the Japanese, and even hospitals were used as military barriers. After Indonesia’s independence on August 17, 1945, the hospital was controlled by the municipal government of Pekalongan City.

See Dutch Missionary Activities, an oral history project, 91 – 175.

Pekalongan was a Residency, regency  and district of the province of Central Java. Its capital had the same name and had a municipal council and a mayor. The city had 66,000 inhabitants, of whom 900 Europeans and 5,400 Chinese (Gonggryp 1934, 1155-1156).

Nowadays (2018) at Pekalongan the hospital is called Rumah Sakit Ngesti Waluyo. The hospital is situated on the Jalan Pahlawan at Parakan. Coordinates are:
Latitude: -7,29 and Longitude: 110,11.
the hospital is classified as a category C hospital( reg.code 3223024) and has 140 beds.
The website of the hospital is: www. ngestiwaluyo.com