The mission hospital at Saumlakki (Moluccas) was founded in 1932 as a general hospital by the Roman Catholic congregation Daughters of Our Lady of the Sacred Heart (FDNSC) at Tilburg.
See Jan Willemsen, Van tentoonstelling tot wereldorganisatie, 94.
See also Dutch Missionary Activities, an oral history project of the University of Nijmegen, pages 107-109.Interview no. 50 (KMM file nr. 306) with J.H.Kox (Sister Williana). Sister Williana worked as a nurse from 1967-1978 in the Moluccas in the hospitals of Langgur and Saumlakki.
Saumlakki is the main town of the subdepartment Tanimbar-islands, department Amboina, Residency Moluccas. The town is situated on the southern shore of the island Jamdena and is the residency of the missionaries of the Sacred Heart (Gonggryp 1934, 1272).