According to Willemsen the Mission hospital Saint Elisabeth was founded in 1936 by the Roman Catholic congregation Dienaressen van de Heilige Geest at Steyl (Holy Ghost Sisters). The hospital was established at Blitar.
Blitar was the Regency and District of the Residency Kediri, situated in the province of East Jawa. Its capital was also called Blitar (Gonggryp 1934, 153).
See Jan Willemsen, Van tentoonstelling naar wereldorganisatie, 94. Dutch Missionary Activities of the Holy Ghost Sisters in Indonesia, 103-105.