Central hospital Bindjai

The Central Company Hospital at Bindjai was founded in 1917 at Bindjai estate (Boven Langkat).
Source: E.van de Velde (Het Ziekenhuis 1918) and Mededeelingen no. 9 van het Path.Lab.: in 1929 op 7427 contractarbeiders 53 sterfgevallen (7,14 %).

Bindjai was the capital town of the subdepartment Upper Langkat or Timbang Langkat  of the department Langkat in the Government of East Sumatra. There was a municipal council with a chairman (the Controleur of the subdepartment). There were about 9,000 inhabitants of whom 155 Europeans and almost 3,900 Chinese. (Gonggryp 1934, 149).