The company hospital Tandjung Morawa was established in 1897 at Loeboek Pakam, near Medan. The hospital belonged to the tobacco and rubber company Tandjong Morawa. The picture was taken from the KITLV collection,signature 15914. The picture was taken about 1940. See Haneveld, From slave hospital to reliable health care in De Moulin. It represents the ward of the hospital of the tobacco and rubber cy Tandjong Morawa, near Loeboek Pakam. This hospital , situated west of Medan at the Pertjoet river was opened by the Germans Nacher and Grob. The name Tandjong Morawa was a mix of the local name of Tandjong and Morawa or Moravia in the former Chechoslowakia. It was the first tobacco plantation in Serdang. Tandjong (Tanjung) Morawa today is still the head office of PTP II, one of the present Indonesian national plantation companies.
Loeboek Pakam was the capital of the subdepartment Serdang, department Deli and Serdang, Government Eastcoast of Sumatra (Gonggryp 1934).