The company hospital at Swaru (Pasuruan) was a joint venture of the missionary organization at Malang and the Malang Plantervereeniging. It was a so-called hulpziekenhuis (auxiliary Hospital). It replaced the former hospital at Kendalpaijak. In 1909 it received subsidy from the NI Government (Indisch Staatsblad 1906 no. 276).
In 1939 the number of admissions was 793. Source: Geneeskundig Tijdschrift voor Nederlandsch-Indië (GTNI) volume 80, edition 27, 2 july 1940; page 1668.
Consult the location of this hospital by opening Map hospitals 1940.