The auxiliary mission hospital of Kalitjeret was supervised by a Protestant missionary who had proven to possess sufficient medical know-how to perform minor operations. The auxiliary general hospital was founded by the Salatiga Zending in the neighbourhood of Semarang about 1890. A number of auxiliary hospitals received from 1905 subsidy from the government on terms of sufficient medical know-how (See Koloniaal Verslag 1906). From 1906 this subsidy was provided according to the regulations of Staatsblad 1906 no. 276.