From Koloniaal Verslag 1890: In 1890 a small private clinic was established near a medicinal spring in the neighbourhood of the desa at Krakal. The NI Government provided some financial means to refurbish this facility that was very popular with the local people, but also with Europeans. Later on the general mission hospital at Keboemen was founded in 1915 by the Zending Gereformeerde Kerken. This hospital was supported by the Gereformeerde kerk of Heeg (Friesland) and the churches of Friesland. According to the subsidy classification it was a rather large hospital (Class 4, 121-170 beds). In 1929 the hospital receeived f 43,700 subsidy from the NI Government. The first medical doctor was Dr. J.W. Oosterhuis (1915-1921). He was succeeded by Dr. A.H. Vonk (1921-1944). The hospital was called the Panjurung hospital.
Keboemen was at the same time Regency, district and subdistrict of the Residency Kedoe in the province of Central Java. Its capital town was also called Keboemen. The Regency Keboemen had 333,000 inhabitants (Gonggryp 1934, 641).