Mission hospital Pemalang

The Mission hospital at Pemalang was founded in 1928 by the Roman Catholic congregation Daughters of Our Lady of the Sacred Heart at Tilburg.

See Jan Willemsen, Van tentoonstelling tot wereldorganisatie, 94.

See Dutch Missionary Activities, An oral history project of  religious sisters (a.o.nurses),107-109.

From Geneeskundig Tijdschrift voor Nederlandsch Indie (GTNI) 1939, deel 79, afl. 31, 1 Augustus 1939, pag. 1918: The fight against trachoma in the Regency of Pemalang frrom 1930, by  Gardjito, Provincial Indian doctor at the project Trachoombestrijding mentions the existence of a mission hospital at Pemalang, in which eye surgery takes place.

Pemalang is a Regency and district with a main town of the same name of the Residency Pekalongan in the province of Central Java.The Regency has 523,000 inhabitants, of whom 531 Europeans and 2,900 Chinese (Gonggryp 1934, 1157).