Saint Elisabeth Sejiram

According to Willemsen the Mission hospital at Sejiram West Kalimantan was founded in 1924 by the Roman Catholic congregation Franciscanessen of Veghel.

See Jan Willemsen, Van tentoonstelling tot wereldorganisatie, p.94.

See also Dutch Missionary Activities, an oral history project of the University of Nijmegen concerning religious sisters and brothers working inthee mission fields of the Roman Catholic Church. See p. 122, interview 90 of C.W. Slits (Sister Alena). file 492 of the KMM KomMissieMemoires . Sister Alena worked from 1924 to 1968 as a nurse on the island Kalimantan.

Sejiram is a town situated to the north-west of Sintang, the department and self-governing Landscape with a capital of the same name of the Residency Westerafdeeling van Borneo. The Landscape Sintang comprises the subdepartments Sintang and Melawi and its inhabitants are Dajaks and Malaysians. The subdepartment itself has 66,000 inhabitants, of whom 13 Europeans and 1,700 Chinese (Gonggryp 1934, 1301).