Garrison hospital Ambon

mil-hosp-ambon-1900-1400023

 

The Garrison hospital 2nd class at Ambon (Moluccas) was controlled by the Militaire Geneeskundige Dienst (Military Medical Service). The hospital was established somewhere before 1867, for it was mentioned in a list of that year reproduced by Schoute (De Geneeskunde in de 19e eeuw, 828). The average number of inpatients that year amounted to  95 patients.