The military infirmary 4th class at Kediri is mentioned by D. Schoute in his publication: “De Geneeskundige Dienst in Nederlandsch Indie in de 19e eeuw”, GTNI 75 (1935) 10, 826. The infirmary was part of the Military Medical Service (MGD), which in 1867 (the year of the survey of all military facilities) managed a total of 79 facilities (3 large military hospitals, 35 garrison hospitals and 41 infirmaries) with on average 4,244 occupied beds. In that same year the infirmary at Kediri had an average occupancy of 4 beds. Some 25 years later the Koloniaal Verslag published with Addendum D, the figures for the year 1890. The infirmary at Kediri is not again mentioned, meaning that most probably this facility had been closed in the meantime.
Kediri was in the 1930s a Residency and in the meantime regency, district and subdistrict as well. Its capital had the same name and the town and Residency was situated in the province of East Java. It is divided into 5 regencies: Kediri, Ngandjoek, Blitar, Toeloenagoeng and Trenggalek. The Residency has almost 2,500,000 inhabitants of whom 6,000 Europeans and 25,000 Chinese. The regency Kediri has 350,000 inhabitants, of whom 2,800 Europeans and 9,100 Chinese. This region was incorporated in the NI Government in 1830 at the end of the Java-war. The Kali Brantas runs through the whole Residency, which is very fertile and ends at Soerabaja in the sea. Before the economic crisis of the 1930s there were many sugar factories. The cultures of coffee, kina and cacao are also found in this Residency. Railways and tramways have been constructed and run through the region. Hindoe anquities from the 11th and 13th century are found (originating from the hindoe realm Daha) (Gonggryp 1934, 642).