The 4th class military infirmary Moeara Kompeh (Djambi) is mentioned in the publication of D. Schoute “De Geneeskunde in Nederlandsch-Indie in de 19e eeuw”, GTNI 75 (1935) 10, 827. The article refers to a survey of all the military facilities in 1867 . In that year the infirmary at Moeara Kompeh had on average 4 inpatients. The infrimary was part of the Military Medical Service (MGD), which in 1867 (the year of the survey of all military facilities) managed a total of 79 facilities (3 large military hospitals, 35 garrison hospitals and 41 infirmaries) with on average 4,244 occupied beds. Some 25 years later, the Annex D of the Koloniaal Verslag 1890 reports a total of 3,358 inpatients by the end of that year, whereas 52,631 patients have been admitted for the whole of the Netherlands Indies. The report concerns 28 military hospitals, 54 ziekenzalen (infirmaries) and 6 specialized facilities. The infirmery at Moeara Kompeh is not mentioned any more,meaning that either an officer of health failing to report or the closure of the infirmery had taken place.
Moeara Kompeh (Muara Kompeh) was situated on the estuary (Moeara means estuary) of the river Koempeh not far from Djambi in the Residency of Djambi in the Southern part of Sumatra.