The Gouvernements Burgerlijke Ziekeninrichting (Government Civil Hospital) at Bodjonegoro probably was first established as a auxiliary mission hospital in 1906 (Koloniaal Verslag 1906). It was one of the smaller hospitals. It only admitted 4th class patients who had to pay ƒ 1,50 per nursing day (See Annex to the Indisch Staatsblad no. 11446 of 30 August 1927). In 1930, the hospital was closed in conformance with the policy to decentralize the health care and transfer hospitals to lower administrative bodies, like municipalities and Regencies (See Indisch Verslag 1930, p. 383). The hospital at Bodjonegoro was not taken over by a public administration, but by the Protestant mission.
Bodjonegoro was a Residency, Regency and district with a capital city with the same name in the province of East Java. The Residency had almost 2 million inhabitants,of whom 800 Europeans and 14,000 Chinese. Principal crops: Rice and tobacco. The Residency is situated on the banks of the Solo river. (Gonggryp 1934, 153).
See also General hospitals 1940- Google, for the exact location of the town.
See also the Grote Atlas van Nederlands Oost-Indie (Asia maior/knag, 2003) p. 309 for a townmap of Bodjonegoro with the indication of the hospital.