The Gouvernements Burgerlijke Ziekeninrichting (Government Civil Hospital) at Japara in the Residency of Semarang (Central Java) was mentioned in the Annex to the NI Staatsblad (Statute Book) of 30 August 1927 no. 11446. It maintained two nursing classes : class 3 ( nursing fee of ƒ 3 per day) and class 4 (nursing fee ƒ 1,50).
The Indisch Verslag 1936 mentions the hospital at Japara as a subsidized local hospital with a capacity of 35 beds. The total number of nursing days in 1935 was 11,133, which meant an average of 30 occupied beds. The hospital received over that year a total subsidy of ƒ 3,900 or ƒ 0.35 per nursing day.
In the 1930s, Japara was a Residency of the province of Central Java with about 2 million inhabitants. The main town of the Residency was Pati. Formerly, the town of Japara was a mighty commercial town with a very well situated harbour. In later days the harbour fell into decay. (Gonggryp 1934, 497-498).
See also General hospitals 1940-Google for an exact location of the town of Japara.