According to GB (Government Decision) no. 57 of 27 April 1920 a GBZ (Government Civil Hospital) was established at Selong (Bali and Lombok). The Appendix no. 13808 of the NI Statutebook of 9 February 1937 regulates the categories of patients, the finances and the personnel of the GBZs existing at that time and classifies the Selong hospital as an organization that only admits 4th class patients at a day-tariff of f 1,50.
In the 1930s, Selong was the principal town of the subdepartment East-Lombok, department Lombok, Residency Bali and Lombok (Gonggryp 1934, 1282).
See also General Hospitals 1940- Google maps for ‘Gouvernements Burgerlijke Ziekeninrichting’ Selong for its location.