This hospital was established in 1909 at Karanganyar in the Residency Kedu (Central Java). Its personnel was appointed by the NI Government . Staatsblad no. 61 of 1 February 1909 (Decision Governor General of 23 January 1909): to appoint 1 mandoer at a monthly salary of ƒ 15 and 1 male or female attendant for a monthly salary of ƒ 10. If the number of patients surpasses 40, an additional male or female servant may be appointed at a monthly salary of ƒ 10.
From 1926 there is no official mentioning of the continued existence of the hospital.
See General hospitals 1940-Google maps for the location of the hospital.