The Inlands hospitaal (indigenous hospital) at Palopo was established in 1908 (Government Decision no. 12 of 2 Oktober 1908).
Palopo was an subdepartment with a main town of the same name of the department Loewoe of the Government Celebes en Onderhoorigheden (Celebes and subsidiaries). The capital of the subdepartment Palopo is at the same time capital of the department Loewoe. The subdepartment is situated on the Gulf of Bone and has 90,000 inhabitants, of whom 100 Europeans and 350 Chinese.(Gonggryp 1934, 1120).