The military infirmary at Ayer Bangies (Westcoast Sumatra) was a 3rd class military infirmary that was part of the Military Medical Service (MGD) and that was mentioned by D. Schoute in his publication “De geneeskunde in Nederlandsch Indie in de 19e eeuw”, GTNI 75 (1935) 10, 826. In the survey accompanying his article the situation of military facilities is represented for the year 1867. In that year this military facility had on average 10 beds occupied. In a later survey of 1890 in Annex D of the Koloniaal Verslag of 1891, the facility at Ayer Bangies is not mentioned any more, most probably meaning that it had been closed in the meantime.
Ajerbangis was a small coast town of Northern Sumatra. In an earlier period it had been the principal town of the Residency with the same name (Gonggryp 1934, 17).