The exact date of its establishment could not be found, but the Gouvernements Burgerlijke Ziekeninrichting (Government Civil Hospital) at Goenoeng Sitoli on the North of the island Nias (Westcoast Sumatra) was referred to in the Annex of the Indisch Staatsblad (NI Statute Book) no. 11446 of 30th August 1927. Probably the hospital has been established somewhere in the 1920s. In this document the hospital was classified as one of the smaller categories, only admitting patients in nursing class 4 (nursing fee ƒ 1,50 per day). As a consequence of the decentralization policy of the NI Government, all GBZs had been closed by 1937, but in Goenoeng Sitoli a missionary hospital of the Rheinische Mission Gesellschaft filled in the gap.
Goenoeng Sitoli was the main administrative seat of the department Nias of the Residency Tapanoeli, on the West Coast of Sumatra (Gonggryp 1934, 369).
See also General hospitals 1940-Google, for the exact location of the hospital.