From the website of the hospital: http://www.ngestiwaluyo.com the following history was recorded (Google translated and shortened):
Not many regional hospitals have gone through three periods of Indonesian history, namely the Dutch colonial era, the Japanese occupation and independence.
One of the few hospitals that have had these three episodes, is located far away on the tip of the island of Java.
Precisely in Parakan, Central Java. Ngesti Waluyo Christian Hospital has become a regional hospital that is able to exist and be tested for three periods.
Although history has recorded that this hospital is in ruins, the strong inner connection between the hospital (as an institution) and its personnel has made
Ngesti Waluyo Hospital seem to have risen from the rubble.
The history of RSK Ngesti Waluyo itself began in 1922, when Markelyn built a simple Medical Center. The auxiliary mission hospital Parakan was founded by the Nederlandse Gereformeerde Zendings-vereniging (NGZV). This missionary organization was working in the missionfields of Central Java (Southern part) and established this hospital in the resort of Magelang.Between 1929 and 1930, the health center developed into Parakan Hospital (RSP Parakan-red) under the supervision of Dr. J Offringa (head of Petronella Hospital, Yogyakarta / now Bethesda-red).
Then, from 1930 to 1942, the supervision of the Parakan Hospital was handed over to Dr. GJ Dreckmeier.
It is recorded that there are ten indigenous people (six mantri and four midwives) who manage the Parakan Hospital.
During the occupation period 1942-1945, the Parakan RSP was taken over by Japan. The remaining two Mantri were Elly Martotenojo and Soekarman.
After Indonesia’s independence, this hospital was taken over by the Indonesian government.
The hospital nowadays is called Rumah Sakit Kristen Ngesti Waluyo and is situated on the Jalan Pahlawan no. 1 at Parakan. Coordinates: Latitude: -7,29 and Longitude: 110,11.
It is classified as a category C hospital (reg.code: 3323024) and has 140 beds