Rumah sakit Umum Panti Rapih


This hospital is part of a roman-catholic organization which owns several hospitals in Indonesia.
The RS Panti Rapih has a long history. It was initiated in 1929 under the name ‘Ziekenhuis Onder de Bogen’ at Yogyakarta.

Nowadays, it is a hospital that is classified as a category B hospital (reg.code 3471052) with 329 beds. The hospital staff is at this moment (2018) formed by 197 medical doctors, 831 nurses, 51 midwives, 84 pharmacy personnel, 148 men/women housekeeping and technical departments and 377 persons for management and administration. Total person: 1,688 persons.
The hospital is situated on the Japan Cik Di Tiro no. 30 at Yogyakarta. Coordinates: Latitude: -7,77 and Longitude: 110,37.
The website of the hospital is: The following text was copied from this website (Google translated and abbreviated):

The Panti Rapih Foundation was founded by the Catholic Order Carolus Borromeus. On September 15, 1928, the Catholic Order Carolus Borromeus,
assisted by Ir. Schmutzer van Rijckevorsel started the construction of the Yogyakarta branch of the Carolus Borromeus Hospital building.
The hospital building was designed in the same way as the main monastery of the order St. Carolus Borromeus in Maastricht, Netherlands.
The first stone of the hospital was signed by Ir. Schmutzer van Rijckevorsel.
In January 1929, five Dutch Catholic nuns from the Carolus Borromeus order came to Yogyakarta to serve the sick. The five sisters are: Sr. Gaudentia Brand, Sr. Judith de Laat, Sr. Ignatia Lemmens, Sr. Simonia, and Sr. Ludolpha de Groot.
The new hospital building was completely built on August 25, 1929. This was marked by the blessing of the building by the Catholic bishop Mgr. Anton Pieter Franz van Velsen, S.J.
On 14 September 1929, the hospital was officially opened by Sultan Hamengkubuwono VIII as the Onder de Bogen Hospital (“under the arch / church”). Several years later, Sultan Hamengkubuwono VIII presented an ambulance to the hospital. Most of the patients treated were Dutch and Kraton officials / families. To help the poor, an outpatient clinic was established by the Order of the Brothers of Christian Instruction (FIC).
In 1942, Japan took control of Indonesia and many Dutch nuns and doctors who worked at this hospital were arrested and held in concentration camps.
The Japanese Army health service took over the hospital and forced the management to change the name of the hospital from Dutch to Indonesian.
By the Bishop of Semarang Mgr. Soegijapranata, S.J., the name of the hospital was changed to Panti Rapih Hospital (“Treatment”). Sister Sponsaria was chosen as the head of the hospital. In 1945, after Japan surrendered to the Allied Forces in the Pacific War, the order of Sister Carolus Borromeus returned to managing
the Panti Rapih Hospital. During the struggle for independence of the Republic of Indonesia, the Panti Rapih Hospital treated many fighters who were wounded in battle. One of the patients treated in 1948 was General Soedirman. When Sr. Benvunito (a CB Sister who took care of General Sudirman) commemorated twenty-five years of religious life, the Great Commander General Sudirman was pleased to compose a beautiful, handwritten poem with beautiful decorations especially for Sister Benvunito and Panti Rapih Hospital. The poem entitled RUMAH NAN BAHAGIA is still preserved well. Step by step, Panti Rapih Hospital equipped itself with good facilities like any other hospital. Currently, the Onder de Bogen building located west of the Panti Rapih Hospital has been designated as a Cultural Heritage Heritage by WHO.