This hospital had previously been known as Missie Ziekenhuis Sint Elisabeth Bantul or Ziekenhuis Onder de Bogen. It is established at Ganjuran (Yogyakarta).
the hospital is classified as a category B hospital (regisstration code: 3471052) with 329 beds.
Its address is: Jalan Cik Di Toro no. 30 at Yogyakarta (DI Yogyakarta). Coordinates: -7.77 and 110.37.
Its website is: http://www.pantirapih.or.id. From this website we copied some statements on its history (Google translated and abbrev.):
On September 15, 1928, the Catholic Order of Carolus Borromeus, assisted by Ir. Schmutzer van Rijckevorsel started the construction of the Yogyakarta branch of the Carolus Borromeus Hospital. The hospital building was designed similar to the main monastery of the Order of St. Carolus Borromeus in Maastricht, The Netherlands. The first stone of the RS was signed by Ir. Schmutzer van Rijckevorsel. In January 1929, five Dutch Catholic nuns from the order of Carolus Borromeus came to Yogyakarta on an assignment to serve the sick. The five sisters are: Sr. Gaudentia Brand, Sr. Judith de Laat, Sr. Ignatia Lemmens, Sr. Simonia, and Sr. Ludolpha de Groot. The new hospital building was completed as a whole on August 25, 1929. This was marked by the blessing of the building by the Catholic bishop Mgr. Anton Pieter Franz van Velsen, S.J. On 14 September 1929, the hospital was officially opened by Sultan Hamengkubuwono VIII as the Onder de Bogen ("under the arch/church") Hospital. Several years later, Sultan Hamengkubuwono VIII gifted an ambulance to the hospital. Most of the patients treated were Dutch people and Kraton officials/family. To help people who can't afford it, an outpatient clinic was established by the order of the Brothers of Christian Instruction (FIC). In 1942, Japan controlled Indonesia and many Dutch nurses and doctors who worked in this hospital were arrested and held in concentration camps. The health service of the Japanese Army took over the hospital and forced the administrators to change the name of the hospital from Dutch to Indonesian. By the Bishop of Semarang Mgr. Soegijapranata, S.J., the name of the hospital was changed to Panti Rapih Hospital ("Medicine"). Sister Sponsaria was elected head of the hospital. In 1945, after Japan surrendered to the Allied Forces in the Pacific War, the order of Sister Carolus Borromeus returned to manage Panti Rapih Hospital. At the time of the Republic of Indonesia's struggle for independence, the Panti Rapih Hospital treated many fighters who were injured in battle. One of the patients treated in 1948 was General Soedirman.