This general hospital used to be the principal public hospital of Jawa in pre-independence times.
The hospital is classified as a category A hospital (registration number 3173014).It has 817 beds capacity (98 VIP, 93 first class, 56 second class and 570 third class). It has 385 doctors and 269 student doctors. It had 601 nurses (qualified) and 1,401 with lower qualifications, including student nurses. The hospital treated recent years 956,849 outpatient clients and admitted on an annual base 48,068 inpatients. The number of nursing days was 33,189. The inpatients stayed on average 5 days. The occupancy rate was 70.77%.
it is situated on Jalan Pangeran Diponegoro no.71, Kota Jakarta Pusat (DKI Jakarta).
Coordinates are: Latitude: -6,197 Longitude: 106,847
The hospital is owned by the Ministry of Health (Kemkes).
The website of the hospital is; http://www.rscm.co.id
From this website we copied some statements (Google translated and abbreviated:)
The history of Dr Ciptomangunkusumo General Hospital cannot be separated from the history of the Faculty of Medicine, University of Indonesia, because the development of these two institutions is interdependent and complementary to each other. In 1896, Dr. H. Roll was appointed as the head of medical education in Batavia (Jakarta), at that time the laboratory and the Javanese Doctor's school were still under the same leadership. Then in 1910, the Javanese Medical School was changed to STOVIA, the forerunner of the Faculty of Medicine, University of Indonesia. On November 19, 1919, the CBZ (Centrale Burgelijke Ziekenhuis) was founded which was merged with STOVIA. Since then, the provision of medical education and services has progressed and specialized medical service facilities have been developed for the wider community. In March 1942, when Indonesia was occupied by Japan, CBZ was used as a university hospital (Ika Daigaku Byongin). In 1945, CBZ changed its name to “Hospital Oemoem Negeri (RSON), led by Prof. Dr. Asikin Widjaya-Koesoema and subsequently led by Prof. Tamija. In 1950 RSON changed its name to the Central General Hospital (RSUP). On August 17, 1964, the Minister of Health Prof. Dr. Satrio inaugurated the RSUP to become Tjipto Mangunkusumo Hospital (RSTM), in line with the development of the new Indonesian spelling, it was changed to RSCM. On June 13, 1994, according to the Decree of the Minister of Health number 553/Menkes/SK/VI/1994, it changed its name to Dr Cipto Mangunkusumo National Hospital. Based on Government Regulation No. 116 of 2000, dated December 12, 2000, RSUPN Dr Cipto Mangunkusumo was designated as a Service Company (Perjan) of Dr Cipto Mangunkusumo Hospital Jakarta. In subsequent developments, Perjan RSCM changed to a Public Service Agency based on Government Regulation Number 23 of 2005.
Dr. Cipto Mangunkusumo National Central Public Hospital (Indonesian: Rumah Sakit Umum Pusat Nasional Dr. Cipto Mangunkusumo, abbreviated as RSUPN Dr. Cipto Mangunkusumo or RSCM), is a government run hospital located at Salemba in Jakarta, Indonesia. The hospital was established in 1919 as the Centrale Burgelijke Ziekeninrichting (CBZ), which has undergone various changes in name and status since then, but since 1964 it is named after Cipto Mangunkusumo, an Indonesian independence leader and Sukarno‘s political mentor. It is a government run general hospital as well serves as teaching hospital for University of Indonesia. RSCM provides primary, secondary and tertiary care, acts as a national referral center for government hospitals and is a place for general practitioners, specialist doctors and subspecialists, nurses and other health workers. The hospital has almost all advanced diagnostic and therapeutic medical technology.