This hospital used to be a maternity, a hospital for mother and child. It was started in 1908 and later on it was replaced by a new building. Nowadays (2020), the hospital is classified as a category C hospital (registration code: 3578031) with 100 beds. It belongs to the Protestant organization Salvation Army. It is established on Jalan Diponegoro no. 34, Darmo, Wonokromo, Surabaya. Cordinates: -7.28 and 112.73.
Its website is : https://www.rswilliamboothsby.com.
From this website we copied some statements on its history (Google translated and abbreviated):
The Salvation Army is the service owner of William Booth Hospital in Surabaya. The Salvation Army organization is an international movement which is also an inseparable part of the universal church organization. The Salvation Army was founded by an evangelist named William Booth in 1865 in the city of London, England. In Indonesia the Salvation Army service was pioneered by Ensign Adolf Theodorus Van Emmerik and Staff Captain Jacob Gerrit Brouwer who started their ministry on November 24, 1894 in a village called Sapuran Purworejo, Central Java. In its service, the Salvation Army which existed during the Dutch East Indies era was better known as "HET LEGER DES HEILS". Since 1908, in a rented house at Jalan Genteng No. 34 Surabaya, the Salvation Army has been providing services for mothers and babies. Furthermore, in 1915 the Government and the City Health Office at that time asked the Salvation Army to start health services in the City of Surabaya. A larger house was rented later by the Salvation Army in the Tambak Bayan area. Young mothers with their babies were transferred to that place and the Salvation Army service began through the Maternity Home led by Adjutant Geertruida Salet until 1923. The Maternity Home's facilities at that time were 20 beds and a Polyclinic. In 1924 the Salvation Army acquired a plot of land located on Reinersz Boulevard (now Jalan Diponegoro) from the Dutch East Indies Government. Adjutant Annie Beckley, who was appointed as the new head of health services at the Maternity Hospital at that time, took care of moving the Maternity Home in Tambak Bayan to that location on Reinersz Boulevard. It was in this place that the William Booth Hospital, known at that time as "WILLIAM BOOTH ZIEKENHUIS", began to be built. January 3, 1924 was a very historic day for the William Booth Hospital in Surabaya, because on that day the groundbreaking of the hospital building was carried out by Mrs. G. Henden Brinks on behalf of the Resident at that time (this date was later designated as the anniversary of the House. William Booth Surabaya Hospital). In 1942 during the Second World War, the William Booth Hospital in Surabaya was taken over by the Japanese government and used as a special hospital part of the Central General Hospital. In 1945, after independence was won by the Indonesian people, the management of the William Booth Hospital in Surabaya was then controlled by the Government of the Republic of Indonesia.It was only in 1947 that William Booth Hospital in Surabaya was handed back to the Salvation Army to be managed until now. Development data that occurred in the hospital. William Booth Surabaya In 1939, began the expansion of the building for the operating room, child care and nurse's dormitory. In 1971, the building for the treatment of lung disease was inaugurated In 1974, the Operating Room, Laboratory, Polyclinic and Health Nursing School (SPK) building were inaugurated. In 1982, the X-ray building and its equipment were officially used. In 1984, a three-floor SPK student dormitory was established. Currently it is being used as AKPER William Booth School. In 1985, the new Laboratory Building was inaugurated for its use. On January 16, 1988, the ICU/ICCU building was officially used. On March 1, 1997, the Hemodialysis Unit building was officially used. On 01 November 2014 RSWB became the provider of BPJS KCU Surabaya November 15 2015 Unit HD with a capacity of 6 units of machines On July 2, 2015, the Recover Room with 3 beds was inaugurated On July 2, 2015, the HD unit was inaugurated with 14 machines On September 22, 2016, the OK Room was inaugurated with modern equipment On 26 September 2016 the Nutrition Installation was inaugurated