The central company hospital Tanah Besi was established in the 1910s in the Ressort Tebing Tinggi of the Eastcoast of Sumatra. It was a general hospital that was established by the Deli Company. Source: E. van de Velde, “Het Hospitaalwezen op Sumatra’s Oostkust”, Het Ziekenhuis, 9, 10 and 11 (1918). See nr. 24 of the legend of the central hospitals.
Grote Atlas van NOI, pag. 89: Owned by Compagnie des Caoutchoucs de Padang SA; main crops: rubber; developed: ca. 1,250 ha. Situated 6 km southeast of Tebingtinggi. Production in 1937: 412,060 kg.
Source Gonggryp 1934: Tebingtinggi was the main town of the onderafdeeling Padang and Bedagi, department Deli and Serdang; Government Eastcoast of Sumatra. The town had a municipal council and had 10,000 inhabitants of whom 115 Europeaans and 4,500 Chinese. It was situated on the railway with a sub-branch to Pematang Siantar.