The military infrimary 3rd class at Segiri (Sulawesi) was mentioned in the publication of D. Schoute “De Geneeskunde in Nederlandsch-Indie in de 19e eeuw”, GTNI 75 (1935) 10, 827. The article refers to a survey of all the military facilities in 1867 . In that year the infirmary at Segiri had on average 5 patients. The infirmary was part of the Military Medical Service (MGD), which in 1867 (the year of the survey of all military facilities) managed a total of 79 facilities (3 large military hospitals, 35 garrison hospitals and 41 infirmaries) with on average 4,244 occupied beds.
Some 25 years later, the Annex D of the Koloniaal Verslag 1890 reports a total of 3,358 inpatients by the end of that year, whereas 52,631 patients have been admitted for the whole of the Netherlands Indies. The report concerns 28 military hospitals, 54 ziekenzalen (infirmaries) and 6 specialized facilities. The infirmary at Segiri is not mentioned any more, meaning that the post has been closed in the meantime.
Segiri was in the 1930s part of the department Makassar and the subdepartment Pangkadjene of the Government Celebes en Onderhorigheden (Sulawesi and Dependencies).