In 1936 this hospital was established by a Roman_Catholic congregation in Ambarawa (Central Jawa). The congregation was called Franciscanessen of Heythuysen (see Jan Willemsen, Van tentoonstelling tot wereldorganisatie, p. 95).
Nowadays (2022) the hospital that refers to this history is called: Rumah Sakit Umum Daerah Dr. Gunawan Mangunkusumo.
It is classified as a category C hospital (registration code 3322012) with 235 beds.
From its website we copied the following statements on its history:
Ambarawa Hospital, Semarang Regency, was established in 1930, owned by the Catholic Foundation during the Dutch East Indies Government, then in 1945 some of the management was handed over to the Level II Regional Government and in 1956 the whole hospital was handed over to the Level II Regional Government of the Regency. Semarang.
According to the Decree of the Minister of Health of the Republic of Indonesia Number: 203/Men Kes/SK/II/1993, dated February 23, 1993 and the Decree of the Regent of the Head of the Level II Region of Semarang Regency No: 203/2017/1993 the Ambarawa Hospital was changed to a Type C Hospital.
The Organizational Structure and Work Procedure of the Ambarawa Hospital was first obtained in 1995, namely based on the Regional Regulation of the Second Level Regional Regency of Semarang Number 28 of 1995 concerning Guidelines for the Organizational Structure and Work Procedure of the Semarang Level II Regional General Hospital.
Based on the Decree of the Regent of the Head of the Second Level Region of Semarang Number 4 of 1999 and the Approval of the Minister of Home Affairs Number 445/303/PUOD, RSUD Ambarawa became a Regional Self-funded Hospital with a bed capacity of 140 TT.
Based on the Decree of the Regent of Semarang No. 4 of 2002 and the Decree of the Minister of Home Affairs No. 29 of 2002, RSUD Ambarawa became a Regional Self-funded Hospital with a bed capacity of 154 TT.