Mentioning of this small auxiliary hospital (10 – 25 beds) was first met in 1917. The Government subsidized the hospital with f 1,215 (KV 1918 annexe Q). In 1929 this hospital was accorded the status of an independant hospital. The Nederlandse Zendings Vereniging (NZV) was initiator of the hospital. In 1929 the hospital received a one-time subsidy of f 3,200 for renovation and of f 6,600 for salaries. For additional costs a subsidy of f 4,606.75 was accorded.