“Ziekenverpleging Semampir” founded a private general hospital at Kediri (East Java) about 1903. See annual report 1903, published in the Geneeskundig Tijdschrift voor Nederlandsch-Indie 1904 by the medical director H.P. van Buuren (p. 32-84).
The hospital received a subsidy according the subsidy regulations of 1906 (Staatsblad van Nederlandsch-Indie 1906 no. 276).
The picture was published by the KITLV in 1915, number 425.
In 1903 a number of 214 patients was admitted to the hospital, of whom 101 Europeans and 113 indigenous patients. The number of nursing days was in that year 3,555, of which 1,931 for indigenous patients. The Europeans were divided into 40 male and 38 female patients and 20 children. The indigenous patients into 69 male, 24 female patients and 20 children. Internal patients 87, chirurgical 98 and gynaecological 29 (GTNI 1904).
Kediri was in the 1930s a residency, regency and district in the province of East java. Its capital was Kediri. The Regency of Kediri had 350,000 inhabitants of whom 2,800 Europeans and almost 9,100 Chinese. This region was occupied by the Government after the end of the Java war in 1830. The Residency has many rail- and tramways and has many Hindu antiquities (11th and 13th century) from the Hindu realm Daha. Many place names with tjandi and temples. Before the crisis there were many sugar mills (Gonggryp 1934, 642).
See Grote Atlas van NOI (Asia Maior/KNAG) p.311 which indicates the location of this hospital in the townplan of Kediri.
The Gambiran Regional General Hospital is a Hospital belonging to the Regional Government of the City of Kediri, which was historically built by the Dutch in 1875 and began to be developed in 1928 and was the first hospital in the Kediri Residency Area, so that at that time it became a health referral center residents of the surrounding areas in the Kediri Residency. After the Republic of Indonesia's independence, the development and construction of the general hospital in the Gambiran area began in 1984 and has been continued until now, step by step according to the needs and allocation of existing funds. In 1949 it was named as Type D Hospital. The change in hospital status began in 1987, namely from a type D hospital to a type C hospital based on the Decree of the Minister of Health of the Republic of Indonesia No. 303 / Menkes / SK / M / 1987 dated 30 April 1987 then changed to Hospital type B based on SK MenKes RI No. 1442/MenKes/SK/XII/1998, and became a self-funding hospital based on the decision of the Director General of General Government and Regional Autonomy Number: 445 / 3643 / PUOD dated 1 April 1998 with the approval of the City People's Representative Council based on Decree No. 11 of 1998 dated May 23, 1998. Furthermore, in 2006 the Gambiran hospital has passed accreditation for 5 service standards based on Certificates from the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Indonesia Number: HK. 00.06.3.5.1183 dated March 24, 2006 and in 2009 has passed for 16 (sixteen) Service Standards with Full Level Accreditation status based on Accreditation Certificate No. YM.01.10/5059/09 dated 29 December 2009. The Hospital Operating Permit is based on the Decree of the Minister of Health of the Republic of Indonesia Number Y.M.04.31.795 dated 12 February 2007, and was designated as a BLUD by Decree of the Mayor of Kediri number 891 of 2009. ISO 9001 : 2008 standardization from Worldwide Quality Assurance ( WQA ) for Nutrition Services, Emergency Room and Pavilion of Graha Wijaya Kusuma. In 2013, Gambiran Hospital passed Surveillance Continous Audit II ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System certification based on the ISO RS Certificate from Worldwide Quality Assurance (WQA) Number QSJ1781. Work units/spaces audited include the Emergency Room (ER), Graha Wijaya Kusuma Pavilion, ICU/ICCU, Laboratory, Operating Room (OK), Pharmacy, Radiology, Polyclinic (Internal Poly), Delivery Room (Dahlia 1), Laundry, Sterilization Center (CSSD), Laundry, Nutrition, Personnel, Medical Records.