The hospital for poor European patients was a general public hospital that was established about 1909.
In the Report of the Civil Medical Service on the year 1909 mention is made of this hospital that together with the hospital of sick prostitutes admitted only 40 patients (1908: 76). The number of malaria patients treated in the outpatient department was 107 (1908: 101). Eight patients with venereal diseases were treated in the outpatient clinic.
Tandjung Pandan was the main town of the department Billiton, Residency Bangka and Dependencies (Gonggryp 1934, 1382).