In 1894 it was decided that some new ‘ziekengestichten’ (hospitals) were to be built. Salatiga was one of these places. (Koloniaal Verslag 1896, 150). In the annual report of the Civil Medical Service of 1902 is mentioned that the daily held polyclinic in the hospital treated 254 persons. In 1909 this hospital received subsidy by regulation of NI Statutebook 1906 no. 276. The hospital was in the meantime upgraded to a Government Civil Hospital.
The hospital was closed on 1 October 1924 (Government Decision no. 32 of 13 May 1927).
In the 1930s Salatiga was a district of the Residency Semarang in the province of Central Java. It had an agreeable cool climate and was well-known (Gonggryp 1934, 1262-1263).
See: General Hospitals 1940-Google for the location of the Salatiga hospital.