This hospital was built in 1928 by the Landscape Pematangsiantar. In 1934 it was still in perfect state of maintenance according to the Memory of transfer of office of the leaving assistant-resident, Mr. F.J. Nieboer.
In the 1930s Pematangsiantar was the capital of the department Simeloengoen and the Karo-lands of the Government Eastcoast of Sumatra. The town has a municipality council with the assistant-resident acting as chairman. The town had 15,000 inhabitants of whom 300 Europeans and almost 5,000 Chinese (Gonggryp 1934, 1157-1158).