Municipal hospital Bandung
KITLV 33846 (1920)
The municipal general hospital of Bandung (West Java) was built in 1920 in the northwest part of the town on the Pasteurweg. It was situated about 750 m above sea-level. The hopital was built in accordance with the pavillion-system: the buildings were connected by covered gangways aand were situated on ample distance from each other. The barracks of the patients with epidemic diseases were well isolated from the other buildings. This was also the case with the pavillion for psychiatric diseases. The total surface of the hospital area was 10 ha. The hospital was provided with streaming water, electricity, a closed sewer-system and gas. The hospital was opened in August 1923. Next to the medical director, a surgeon and an European and an Indian Government doctor were employed by the hospital. The nursing personnel was: 1 head nurse, 7 diplomed European nurses, 5 European student-nurses, 6 diplomed indigenous nurses (mantri 1st and 2nd class) and 28 indigenous studen
From Mededeelingen DVG XXVIII (1939) 61:a training for midwives took place in the municipal hospital at Bandung.