This government civil hospital (Gouvernements Burgerlijke Ziekeninrichting) was established at Bangli (Residency Bali and Lombok). Bangli used to be one of the nine kingdoms of Bali.
The hospital was mentioned in the Annex to the NI Staatsblad no. 11446 of 30 August 1927, regulating use, personnel and tariffs of GBZs. In this document It was classified as a hospital that only admitted patients in nursing class 4 (tariff: ƒ 1,50 per nursing day). It was also mentioned in the Annex to the Indisch Staatsblad (Statute Book) of 1937, nr. 13808 of 9 February 1937. It appears that it was a hospital belonging to the smallest categories and therefore entitled to only charge the nursing class 4.
The Indische Verslag 1938 (p. 395) mentions that the GBZ at Bangli was transferred to the Landschap of Bangli. From 1938 it was a local hospital, administrated by the Landschap. This was due to the decentralization policy of the NI Government.