Government Hospital at Blitar
Tropenmusum TM nr. 60045765.jpg (1920/1927)
The Gouvernements Burgerlijke Ziekeninrichting (Government Civil Hospital) at Blitar was situated in the Residency of Kediri (Central Java). Formerly, from about 1879 there used to be a health facility for syphilitic prostitutes. (Koloniaal Verslag 1879). In 1898 this facility was expanded (KV 1900). All facilities of that kind were closed in 1911. Probably the hospital continued as an Inlandsch (Indigenous) hospital.The hospital was entitled to maintain two nursing classes : the 3rd one and the 4th for tariffs of ƒ 3 and ƒ 1,50 per nursing day. (See Annex to the Indisch Staatsblad no. 11446 of 30 August 1927).
From Indisch Verslag 1936 (315): In the Residency Kediri food shortage was reported, especially in the infertile regions. In the hospitals of Kediri, Toeloengagoeng, Wingi, Paree, Blitar and Trenggalek many patients with hunger-oedaemia were treated.
Blitar was the Regency and district of the Residency Kediri of the province of East Java. The town of Blitar was the capital town of the Regency and the Residency. (Gonggryp 1934,153).
See General hospitals 1940-Google for an exact location of the town.
See Grote Atlas van Nederlands Oost-Indie (Asia maior/KNAG, 2003) page 312 for a town-map with indication of the hospital.