The exact date of its establishment is not known. The Gouvernements Burgerlijke Ziekeninrichting (Government Civil Hospital) at Gorontalo (North Celebes) was probably established somewhere in the 1920s. The Government Decision of 30 August 1927 no. 16553, “Regelen betreffende de bestemming van Gouvernements Burgerlijke Ziekeninrichtingen, de formatie van het personeel zoomede de kosten van verpleging in die inrichtingen” (Regulations of use, personnel and tariffs) mentioned the hospital, as did the Annex to the Netherland Indisch Staatsblad (Statute Book) no. 13808 of 9 February 1937. In this last document the GBZ at Gorontalo was classified as a hospital with two nursing classes : class 3 (nursing fee ƒ 3) and 4 (nursing fee ƒ 1,50 per day).
Gorontalo was a department and subdepartment of the Residency Manado in the north of the island Celebes. The department of Gorontalo had 186,000 inhabitants, of whom 300 Europeans and 1,500 Chinese. The capital of the department had the same name and was important because of transit trade. Formerly, Gorontalo was one of five small realms which were transferred to the VOC in 1677 by the sultan of Ternate. In 1889, these regions were joined with the direct administrated Government areas. (Gonggryp 1934, 371).
See General hospitals 1940-Google, for an exact location of the hospital.
Today (2017) the City Government of Gorontalo is exploiting the RSUD Prof. dr. H. Aloei Saboe on the Jalan Prof.dr. H. Aloei Saboe number 92.