The Gouvernements Burgerlijke Ziekeninrichting (Government Civil Hospital) at Djombang was established somewhere in the 1920s. The hospital was mentioned in the Annex no. 11446 to the Indisch Staatsblad of 30 August 1927.The hospital was allowed to charge nursing class 4 (nursing fee ƒ 1,50), which meant that it belonged to the category of small hospitals.
In the 1930s, Djombang (Jombang) was a Regency, district and subdistrict of the Residency of Surabaya,situated in the province of East Java. Its administrative seat was the town of Djombang. In the Regency many sugar factories are found. There are some coffee and cacao plantations established as well. (Gonggryp 1934, 274).
See also General hospitals 1940 -google maps for an exact location of the hospital at Jombang.
See Grote Atlas van Nederlands Oost-Indie (Asia maior/knag, 2003) pag. 312 for a townplan of Jombang.