The exact date of founding of the Gouvernements burgerlijke ziekeninrichting (Government Civil Hospital) at Koedoes was not found. In 1877 a hospital for syphilitic prostitutes was found at this place. In 1911 all hospitals of that category were closed and probably the hospital was continued in 1912 as an Inlandsch (Indigenous) hospital, but no additional mentioning was found in the Staatsbladen, Koloniale Verslagen and Regeeringsalmanakken. In the following years it was promoted to a Gouvernements Burgerlijke Ziekeninrichting. As a consequence of the decentralization policy of the NI Government, the GBZ at Koedoes was closed on 15th July 1928 (See J.C. no. 58, in which paper the Gouvernementsbesluit of 17 July 1928 no. 20 was published). The provincial hospital for Central Java at Koedoes took over its activities in 1928.
Koedoes was a Regency and district with a capital of the same name in the Residency of Rembang, province of Central Java. The Regency had about 300,000 inhabitants, of whom 600 Europeans and 5,000 Chinese (Gonggryp 1934, 662).
See also General hospitals 1940 -Google maps for the location of town and hospital.