Hospital Madjalengka (TMnr 60014750)
The Koloniaal Verslag of 1895 mentions the expansion of the buildings for syphilitic women at Madjalengka.
The Gouvernements Burgerlijke Ziekeninrichting (Government Civil Hospital) at Madjalengka was mentioned in the Bijlage bij het Staatsblad van Nederlands-Indie (Supplement NI Statutebook) no. 11446 of 30 August 1927: “Vaststelling van de Regelen betreffende de bestemming van Gouvernments burgerlijke ziekeninrichtingen,de formatie van het personeel, zoomede de kosten van verpleging in die inrichtingen.”( Regulation of target groups, personnel and tariffs of GBZs). The GBZ at Madjalengka could admit patients in the nursing classes 3 and 4 (nursing fees ƒ 3 and ƒ 1,50).
The hospital still existed as GBZ in 1934, but some years later all GBZs (including Madjalengka) had been transferred to local or regional administrations.
In the 1930s, Madjalengka was the principal town of the Regency with the same name in the Residency of Cheribon (Central Java). Madjalengka regency had more than 444,000 inhabitants of whom 400 Europeans and 3,800 Chinese. Cultivation of coffee, sugar, tea and kinain this vulcanic and fertile region. Hindu antiquities were found here (Gonggryp 1934, 787).