The Inlandsch hospitaal (indigenous hosptal) at Koetoardjo in the regency with the same name , in the Residency of Kedoe (Central Java) was founded in 1908. The NI Staatsblad (Statute Book) no. 28 of 15 January 1908 mentions the appointment of a mandoer (supervisor) at a monthly pay of ƒ 15 and a male or female servant at ƒ 10 per month for this new hospital. For the situation of a number of patients exceeding 40 an additional servant may be appointed. The hospital was upgraded to a Gouvernements Burgerlijke Ziekeninrichting (Government Civil Hospital). It was closed on 15 October 1921 (Indisch staatsblad 1922 no. 629).
In the 1930s, Koetoardjo was a regency, district and subdistrict of the Residency Kedoe, province of Central Java. Its main town had the same name as the regency. The regency had almost 280,000 inhabitants, of whom a few hundred Europeans and 1,800 Chinese.
See also General hospitals 1940- Google maps, for the location of town and hospital.